Following are veterinary and vaccination requirements for group classes (at Animal Behavior Training Concepts) and private training.
Puppy Start Right Group Sessions (2-5 months):
Note: we require that the puppy has begun its vaccination series, but not that the series be completed before the start of class. (Read the American Society of Veterinary Behavior's position statement on the importance of early puppy socialization.)
- Proof of post-adoption puppy wellness exam from veterinarian
- Proof of start of puppy vaccination series from veterinarian: distemper, parainfluenza, parvo, leptospirosis, and bordetella
- Proof of rabies vaccination when deemed old enough per veterinarian
- Proof of intestinal parasite screen with negative results from veterinarian. If results of the intestinal parasite screen are positive, we require proof that puppy is undergoing appropriate treatment, with a note from the veterinarian (can be e-mailed or faxed to ABTC).
- Client is responsible for bringing updated puppy vaccination records to group sessions.
Adult Group Sessions (6 months and up):
- Proof of wellness exam from referring veterinarian
- Proof of vaccinations from veterinarian: distemper, parainfluenza, parvo, leptospirosis, bordetella, and rabies
- Proof of intestinal parasite screen within the last 12 months, with negative results, from veterinarian. If the results of the intestinal parasite screen are positive, proof that the dog is undergoing appropriate treatment with a note from the veterinarian (can be e-mailed or faxed to ABTC).
- Client is responsible for bringing updated vaccination records to group sessions.
Bordetella not required if dog does not visit dog parks/beaches, boarding/daycare/grooming facilities, or group classes. All other above-noted vaccinations required.