In-Home Private Training
For those who learn best one-on-one or have specific behavior needs. Includes email and phone support between sessions or for one month after each session, whichever comes first, and customized written resources after each session. No minimum purchase is required and you can pay as you go, though I may suggest booking a certain number of sessions depending on the issue. I offer:
- Pre-adoption consultation
- Puppy preparation
- Puppy manners and socialization plan
- Adult dog manners
- Solutions to common behavior problems
- Behavior modification, in conjunction with your veterinarian or a veterinary behaviorist when recommended
Please contact me for current rates.
“Head Start” In-Home Private Training
I work with your dog in multiple sessions per week, then with you and the dog together in "transfer" sessions at agreed-upon intervals. Your dog learns the skills more quickly from an expert trainer, but you still learn how to train and interact with your dog to teach and maintain desired behaviors, which is crucial for the long-term success of any training program. You can watch as many of the dog-only sessions as you like, or you can be busy with something else or away at work. Includes one month of email and phone support after the last session and customized written reports after each "transfer" session.
Please contact me for rates and to customize a package for your needs.
As of August 2018, I will be taking a hiatus from teaching regular group classes. Please feel free to contact me for referrals if you are looking for a group class using similar methods to mine.
Following are veterinary and vaccination requirements for private in-home training:
Puppies up to 16 weeks of age:
- Proof of post-adoption puppy wellness exam from your veterinarian
- Proof of start of puppy vaccination series from veterinarian: age appropriate DHPP round and any other vaccinations recommended by your veterinarian
- Proof of intestinal parasite screen with negative results from veterinarian. If screen is positive, note from veterinarian stating puppy is under treatment and parasite is not transmissible by humans.
- Proof of rabies vaccination if 16 weeks or older
Dogs 4 months and up
- Proof of wellness exam in past 12 months from referring veterinarian
- Proof of vaccinations from veterinarian: current DHPP, rabies, and any other vaccinations recommended by your veterinarian
- Proof of intestinal parasite screen in past 12 months (or more recently if stool is abnormal) with negative results. If screen is positive, note from veterinarian stating dog is under treatment and parasite is not transmissible by humans.
Service area in Chicago and suburbs includes, but is not limited to: Logan Square, Wicker Park, Bucktown, Ukrainian Village, Humboldt Park, Avondale, Lakeview, Lincoln Park, Wrigleyville, Albany Park, Irving Park, Portage Park, Ravenswood, North Center, Andersonville, Uptown, Edgewater, Loyola, Rogers Park, Printers Row, West Loop, South Loop, Pilsen, Bridgeport, Oak Park, Evanston, Skokie, and Hyde Park. Availability for certain areas may depend on their distance from other current clients at the time.